Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sketches, and Inspiration

Hi Karen's Friends !!

Jan here today with some ideas for inspiration.

Often when I need some kind of starting point for a card I use a sketch.  There are lots of sketch challenges out in paperblogland, but one site I mentioned last week is Feline Playful.  This is a site that lists a large number of challenges on a daily basis, and always has sketches and information.  Use the list for ideas, not just for entering a papercraft challenge.

Here is an example of a sketch from a couple of years ago from one of those challenge sites ....


My friend Ros, from Liverpool, England made this sketch in 2011, and here is her card...


I "copied" her card for a copycat challenge in 2012 ....



and here is my original card for the sketch challenge in 2011...


This is a real simple sketch, but you can see how differently the cards look.  The sketch is just a starting point, and you can add or embellish from there. 

Also, last week I mentioned keeping a sketch book.  I scribble down sketches I like, and refer to them almost every time I make a card.  It makes that starting point easy !!

If you think it might be fun to have a blog and participate in challenges from all over the world, I will be teaching a class on starting a blog at Karen's, Friday April 5th at 6:30.  Call Karen to reserve a spot - only $5 !  You will be surprised at how easy it all is, promise !!


No comments:

Post a Comment